Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

I have dark blonde hair naturally and I had highlights in for ages. I recently had a stupid idea to dye it red and I absolutely hate it especially because it fades so quickly even though I use the best hair products for redheads.



I only dyed it twice and the colour doesn't really want to stick. I want to go back to blonde, what results can I expect if I have the colour stripped off and maybe dye dark blonde? Is my hair going to be carrot colour? What would you recommend?



Many thanks.



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

heya... i'm a hairdresser...and ive also done the whole red and going bk to blonde thing...



its called colour correction - hair is bleached to get the red out - then ash toner applied - then @ a later stage bleach highlights put thro.



red is a wonerderful colour - fades quickly..then when u do wanna get rid of it, it decides to stick in ya hair lol.



thro colour correction u shud get a blondeish result, mine came out ash blonde...but still lil gingerish so i used a shampoo called matrix so silver - it puts ash tones bk into the hair and helps neutrilise the gingerness and enchances blonde/grey hair...



and me bein a hairdresser - i was sooo paranoid bout my hair tht shampoo bcame one of my best mates lol.



neway colour correction shud only b done @ a salon as the peroxide level tht comes in the home kits isnt newhere nr strong enough to lift the colour...all it will do it make ya look more orange.



hope this helps, got ne more q's jus gimme an email :o)



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

go to a hair dressers and let the experts fix it.



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

Well i have dark blonde hair naturally, went to the hairdresser and asked to go back to this colour after having blonde highlights and ended up with quite a dark brown colour that faded to a dark ginger kinda colour.



I decided to dye it myself back to blonde and tried medium ash blonde and it has come out a medium dirty ginger kinda colour...



So, what i would suggest to you, is to go to a hairdresser with a colour sample in your hand and tell them that you are not going to pay them unless your hair is that same colour when you leave.



That is what i will be doing the next time i go to have it dyed.



If there is any red tone in your hair, you will not be able to shift it by yourself.



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

Go to the hairdresser. He's the only one who can save you, trust me !! And you won't waste your time and money buying at-home colors that fade and never get you the haircolor you want !



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

Go to the hairdressers cos they will know exactly what to do_x



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

Once you have stripped the colour out and put the blonde dye on it should be fine, the red colours will be gone, so it shouldnt go a carrot colour!! My hair has been different shades of red for years and unless you strip your hair or pay a fourtune at the hairdressrers its a nightmare to get rid of the red!!



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

I have just done pretty much the same thing, only I was dying my hair deep burgundy for about a year. The trouble is that red is THE hardest colour to remove, I used high lift lightener four times over the course of a fortnight and had to live with properly ginger hair for a week or so, I had to completely nuke my hair to get all the orange out and then I put a medium ash blonde on it to neutralise the remaining ginger bits. Luckily my hair is quite long so I have just booked in for a haircut to get all the frazzled bits chopped on Saturday. It will wreck your ends but it will happen - it just depends if you have enough to have the fried bits cut off when you look like worzel gummidge like I do at the moment...



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

before you can dye it back to the original color, you have to bleach your hair first



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

Is it natural red, or punk red?



If it's fading fast, this should help either way.



When I'm fed up with my punk red hair I use gel remover to help fade it quickly. It's for kids who spike their hair with egg whites or something, so it's really good at fading out the colour. *Make sure the product you chose has alcohol in it, it speeds things up quickly.



After three washes it should be suffieciently faded, than you can buy a bleach and mix it very lightly. (20-30) and bleach your hair back to a light blonde. Try not to let it go white, it feels like straw then. =(



You can then buy a colour close to your natural colour and it should blend nicely as your hair grows out!\



I hope you the very best of luck, I've helped a friend with this before, and it turned out very natural looking. Hope you have the same results!



Hi everyone, how can I change my hair colour from red back to blonde?

your hair is way damaged ,that is why color won't stick it's you need deep conditioning it's way to porous to hold onto any color as it is.once you do that,try a low lift mostly deposit product for rich color.. try this product just ask your hairstylist say you want this it's the best for reds and for its staying power, plus very gorgeous shine that won't quit. :) http://www.sebastian-intl.com/colourshin... ***THE REDS*** http://www.sebastian-intl.com/colourshin...

No comments:

Post a Comment