Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

My sister is a colorist, and says she is worried that I will not like the result. I already have dirty blonde hair, so the bleach should not have to sit long, but she is afraid that I will not be happy with the state the bleach leaves my hair in. ( I am used to silky shiny hair naturally). For any professionals out there: will conditioning treatments repair my hair so that it remains silky or is bleach just a bad idea?



I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

Bleaches usually contain amonia, but there are some less effective ones that are amonia free. Amonia will seriously deplete your hair of its natural health. There are shampoos and conditioners that can help (Pantene ProV restoratives line, there is time renewal, color treated, anti frizz, and relaxed and natural *for women of color*) all these work, but they do not restore natural smoothness... and it is not a permanent fix. Pantene is thusly named because it is packed with panthenol, which is in lamen's terms a sort of plastic (loosely used term...) or silicone that fills the cracks of your damaged hair. if you go for a time without using a panthenol, or silicone, enhanced shampoo and conditioner the damage will return. Bleaching your hair will damage it, but not unmanageably (you will notice a difference, though). The use of restorative or repairing shampoos will help. why not comprimise with your sister and get some highlights in some of the darker areas of your hair just to see what you think. if you don't like it i'm sure your sister knows a stylist (or perhaps is one) that can thin the damaged hair out without leaving your hair gapped. and if you do like it, then you can continue to highlight it gradually until you like the shade. I realise drastic changes are more fun and offer instant gratification (unless you hate them) but patience, especially in situations such as this, is definately a virtue.



having said that, it is possible to still have heathly looking smooth hair after coloring, but it will be more prone to damage, even with the shampoos, and maintanence will be more necessary, and you should take care when styling.



hope this helped...



I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

I bleached my hair some time ago. Now my hair is all well, not nice. It's like your hair is an Ok color. (They never turn out how you want them.) but it totally screws up your hair.



I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

I thiink bleach iis a bad idea girl.



I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

I think bleach is a bad idea. It can be very harsh on the hair but since your hair is already a dirty blonde you might not have to go with a bleach. You could go with a blonde hair color and just use a higher volume of developer. You would of course still have to do conditioning treatments to maintain the condition of the hair.



I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

DO NOT BLEACH YOUR HAIR!



it will ruin it, %26amp; it will never be the same.



please, dont ruin your hair, just dye it.



I am thinking of bleaching my hair....not platinum, but to a golden blonde color.?

It will for sure change the elasticity and texture like you sis said. But that doesn't stop other people from doing it all the time. You should just try foiling highlights all over. The color contrast would look good with you darker blond hair. I think a contrast looks way better than an all over color. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment