Friday, April 20, 2012

Considering at-home hair dye... Blonde professional highlights to Blonde at home touchups... Recomme

I have always had my blonde hair professionally done- cut, high/low-lights, and occasionally some root color. Right now, I'm just looking for something a bit cheaper! I was considering L'Oreal Natural Match- it looked like they had good colors and a great website... I'm a bit nervous to try something at home that I have never done before! And, I'm not sure which all-over color would get the best results. Advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks! :)



Considering at-home hair dye... Blonde professional highlights to Blonde at home touchups... Recommended?

I have dyed my hair SO much that it isn't even funny. Listen to me when I say, do NOT ruin your pretty professionally dyed hair with boxed hair color. I tried the Natural Match, and it did NOTHING to my hair. It just damaged the heck out of it. Don't always go off of the websites, believe me... that sometimes results in the worst hair dye mistakes.



I would stick to having it professionally done. If the boxed color ends up messing up your hair, you'll just have to pay for someone to correct it anyhow. It might actually SAVE you money going with having it professionally done!!!



Considering at-home hair dye... Blonde professional highlights to Blonde at home touchups... Recommended?

I've had highlights done professionally, and done them at home with L'oreal. There is no real comparison, the professionally done ones are so much better. The color is nicer, not brassy or orangy, and they know how to put them on so they don't look obvious. I paid about $175 for the salon, and if I had the money I'd do it again, but I did do my last ones myself, and they are ok, but not nearly as nice as the salon.



Good Luck!



Considering at-home hair dye... Blonde professional highlights to Blonde at home touchups... Recommended?

I have done highlights at home many times and it's about the same other than the fact that you have to do it or have a freind do it for you. But the results are the same.



Good Luck



Considering at-home hair dye... Blonde professional highlights to Blonde at home touchups... Recommended?

There are some great, all-natural, at-home recipes that you can make yourself for your hair! Here is the one for blonde hair/highlights:



YOU WILL NEED



2 cups water



plastic squeeze bottle (optional)



1/4 cup loose chamomile tea or dried chamomile flowers



1/4 cup chopped fresh rhubarb or loose rhubarb tea



WHAT TO DO



1. Place the herbs (chamomile and rhubarb) in a pot with 2 cups water. (Dont' use aluminum, it reacts negatively with the herbs)



2. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes (until the mixture is reduced by half)



3. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Then strain out the herbs and pour the mixture into a plastic squeeze bottle. (If you're not using a bottle, substitute a bowl)



4. Shampoo your hair as usual, then use the squeeze bottle (or your hands) to apply the mixture to your hair from roots to tips. Rinse well with cool water to seal the hair shaft and help preserve the color.



This is a real recipe- I got it from a book (see my sources)



Also, during the summer, try putting lemon juice in your hair for a day while you're at the beach or where ever you are. The sun will make your hair lighter.



Considering at-home hair dye... Blonde professional highlights to Blonde at home touchups... Recommended?

check the links below for * Hair coloring tips



http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/...

No comments:

Post a Comment