Thursday, April 26, 2012

How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Every time I dye my hair blonde its very red. I started using ash tones which helps a lot, but after just a week my hair is red again! My natural color is a light brown, so I'm not going very many shades lighter. please! Does anybody have any tricks for removing the red out of hair to achieve a platinum blonde?



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

try leaving the dye on longer. the longer you leave it on the more color will get removed from your hair. right now it seems the dye is lifting most of the color but not all of it. maybe you should try highlighting it instead. highlighting kits are made with bleach which is stronger. it should lift the color no problem.



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Consult a professional colorist. He or she will have to mix you a unique color not a box shade to achieve the color you want.



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

it it has to be left on longer to pull the red out, hair goes from black to brown to red to blonde to white.........just have to let it stay on longer and you cant lighten hair with dye, it has to be bleached to get light blonde hair, maybe tht is why aswell



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Redheads are hot. They stand out in a crowd and guys are totally mesmerized-its the whole hot temper/red hair thing. Enjoy it. And I know.



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Clients I've had with this problem, and what I've done with them is to use bleach with 40 volume peroxide (heat or no heat) and if need be I put a toner on. I stay away from putting ash in the toner as it might put a green tint on the lifted blonde. Try using a cap and pull through the highlights, so if you have to reapply the bleach (use 20 vols the 2nd time) it is easier.



Good Luck!!



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

get a special color or hair dye just for that problem or u could do what my sister does. she has the exact same problem. she dyes it very light and then it gets darker.



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Before you color your hair use a product called Metalex, I believe it is made by Clairol. You should be able to get it at Sally Beauty Supply or any other supply store. It helps to strip the hair of old color so you can get a truer color. I used it to fix a blonde bleach job that turned out lavendar. (I guess my hair held onto the purple toner).. It may help your red situation, but you may just need to leave the color on a bit longer. Good Luck. I left you a link where you can order it.



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Hi, I used to have this problem until I found out that if you have red pigment in your hair, the only way to get blonde is by bleaching. The bleach in frosting kits is strong enough to do the trick if you leave it on your hair long enough, but I recommend you have it done by a professional if you want to be totally blonde. Good luck !



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

Ash tones will drab out some of the red but if the red keeps coming back it could be that you have hard water. Hard water will deposit iron in your hair and that will give you a reddish-orange cast to your hair. You can go to a beauty supply store like Sally's Beauty Supply and buy treatments like Malibu that will remove the minerals from your hair. Sally's Beauty Supply sells to the public and the employees can help you pick the best treatment for your hair. If it is indeed minerals in your hair you will be impressed with the color results after you have finished and it is a good idea to do a treatment before coloring you will end up with true color results. Also try wetting your hair with distilled water before shampooing. Hair is like a sponge and if your hair is filled with distilled water it will not absorb the minerals from the hard water when you shampoo. This is especially helpful if you are trying to achieve a platinum blonde and it will keep it true to color. I have made this suggestion to my customers for 20 years and they have wonderful results. Hope this helps.



How to get the red out of blonde hair?

maybe you should try a different brand of dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment