Friday, April 20, 2012

My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

Maybe this is a crazy idea, or maybe it's done all the time, I don't know...



My hair is naturally somewhere between dark ash blonde and light ash brown. I want to turn it light natural blonde without using highlights because I think the bleach is too harsh. Can I use an all-over blonde permanent (level 3) dye, then add non-permanent (level 2) light brown lowlights to blend with the roots when they appear? I want the lowlights to be non-permanent so I don't have to worry about future blonde applications being able to cover them. Does this make sense, is it commonly done, and/or will it work?



My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

yes it will work. my stylist used to highlight my hair, and dye the rest closer to my natural color with a semi-perm dye. be careful about the color you choose though, an ash color will turn very blonde hair green.



beware-i tried to give myself lowlights once and it turned out bad...i always recommend going to a stylist, but maybe i'm just a retard.



oh yeah, just so you know, dying your hair is much worse for your hair than highlighting it because you are bleaching all over instead of just spots. and lemon juice is also bad for your hair. anything that changes the color permanently is not good for it.



My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

its really nice out these days.. just spray your hair with lemon juice while out in the sun.. it will look much more natural then putting all the dyes.. dyes still damage your hair.



My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

I don't think it will work. Since your hair is a darker blonde there is a chance that a lighter shade will turn your hair more orange than blonde. My hair is a very light shade of brown and when i tried to lighten it to a dark blonde it came out brassy. In order for your hair to turn a lighter shade of blonde it should be bleached. However, i would not recommend bleaching your hair because it causes extensive damage. Try asking your stylist. but the lowlights will definitely work to make your roots less noticable! Good luck!



My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

I dont know. But let me know what happens because it sounds interesting! I am not a hairstylist, but my personal experience says stay away from any color that says "ash___" on it ( looks greenish under certain light), and watch out for chlorine in the pool ( turns hair green) and minerals in your water ( makes hair dye come out wrong colors)



Have you ever considered getting into beauty school? I think you sound like you would be a good hairstylist, actually. You have the curiousity and the interest.



A hairstylist would love to work on someone like you who wants to try things, too. Go to a beauty school if there is one nearby and see if they would let you be someone the students can work on, At least they would use all the latest knowledge....and not charge a lot. Send a pic if you get it done!



My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

I use Sun-In in my hair. It works really well.



My crazy plan for natural-looking blonde hair...?

No, this does not make sense. Here is why- natural looking is not to color the entire head any color. You do not have to bleach if you do not have color on your head to get through. Even if you have to bleach is can be a very mild 5-10 vol done with a cream lightner. You just need a colorist who does soft highlights. Often I will use 2 color in one highlight. Making the ends slightly lighter, just like the sun would do. Your idea will leave you will a solid line of demarcation, no natural and low lights. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment